Day 30 - My favorite easy meal

Tonight it is just the girls and I for dinner.  I wanted something easy that they would eat so I wouldn't have to make two meals.  I decided on grilled chicken with rosemary and balsamic glaze (the kids' chicken was plain), yam fries, and a spinach/kale salad. This is one of my favorite easy to prepare meals on the challenge.  My other "go to" meal is salmon with baked sweet potatoes and salad - see Day 11.

.

Simply toss the yam sticks with coconut oil, season with salt and pepper (and anything else you'd like) and put on a cookie sheet at 400.  Watch to make sure they don't burn.  Easy and tasty!

For the chicken I grilled it with just salt and pepper and then added the chopped fresh rosemary and balsamic glaze after.  Perfect combination!  I purchased my balsamic glaze (reduction), but you can easily make yours by placing balsamic vinegar in a saucepan, bringing it to a boil and then reducing the heat to a simmer until the desired consistency   I like mine to be syrup like.  If you prefer to buy, I have seen some at the local grocery stores, or my favorite is online - Tondo.  I got it from a foodie friend, but have seen it on Amazon at times as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment