Day 15 - Stir Fry

Day 15 - Saturday

Two weeks down!  I am feeling great and loving finding and making these great new recipes. 


Stir Fry




Here is what I did for mine ... adjust as needed to what you have and what you like.

1.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill

While chicken is cooking:

2.  Saute carrot "noodles" in sesame oil.  To make the noodles I simply grated the carrots length wise.  Remove from pan and place in separate bowl.

3.  In the same pan saute:
sesame oil
garlic
red onions
celery
red bell pepper
red pepper flakes (for heat)

4.  Add:
tamari
fish sauce
hoisin sauce?
chili sauce?
ginger
carrots (I added the carrot, broccoli slaw from TJs)
bamboo shoots
bean sprouts
snap peas

5.  Last minute add:
kale
Cabbage (I used a kale, cabbage, spout mix from Costco)
broccoli (and broccoli florets that I had steamed - added at the end)

6.  Take chicken off grill, rest and then slice.  Serve over the stir fry veggies.

7.  Top with:
cilantro or maybe Thai basil
green onions
sesame seeds (I used black too for presentation)

Looks like it is really and long and difficult, but mostly just having the ingredients ready to go - it cooks quick.





No comments:

Post a Comment