Day 18 - Yam Lasagna

Yam Lasagna


Well, it was suppose to be sweet potato enchiladas, but I got yams and after deciding to layer it rather than roll and forgetting the green chili's ... it turned out more like a lasagna (no cheese of course).  I thought it turned out pretty good, but we'll wait to hear the final verdict after the other three ladies who took some home give it a try.


Recipe I planned to follow comes from PaleOMG.  

I followed the recipe pretty close, except for forgetting the green chili's (a major part for enchiladas I think), and just layering it in the pan rather than trying to wrap them like an enchilada.  Cutting the yams was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I even have a wound to show for it.  Not sure if sweet potatoes would have been easier or not.  Maybe next time I will try to zap them in the microwave for a short time before trying to slice with the madoline.  

If you decide to try the enchiladas from the PaleOMG site, or my version of lasagna, it's worth a try.  Maybe you'll come up with something of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment