Day 8 - Chicken Tortilla Soup and Stir Fry

Sunday.

Lunch:  Chicken tortilla soup (without the tortilla chips).

I had purchased a roasted chicken from Costco on Friday and used a little for my cob salad lunch.  After my lunch on Friday put away the leftover chicken and made stock with the carcass.  So, today I scraped the fat off the top of the stock and used it for the base of my tortilla chicken soup.  It turned out really good.


Saute onions and garlic in butter and olive oil
add green chilies, cumin, chili powder, etc.
Pour in chicken stock and leftover chicken (shredded) from one roasted Costco chicken
Add roasted tomatoes, and salsa verde from Trader Joes
Serve with avocado and cilantro





Got some prep done for the week.  Made some hard boiled eggs, grated carrots, sliced pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment